Anyway...
Today he sat for at least 45min infront of his sandwich and did not want to eat at all. Nada, nothing, njete, nix! He wanted to have a pear, and eating fruit is a very good thing, but you need something more substantial at times so I insisted on at least half of a toasted sandwich. But no, Mylord did not want to eat toasted sandwich (which he devoured a couple of nights ago). In the end I said to him, that if he didn't eat at least one bite he would get nothing, nada, njete, nix else to eat for the rest of the night, no cookies, no chocolate, no pear, no salt sick, nothing (how I hate being the evil mum). Then you could see his brain kicking in gear, and within a split of a second he grabbed the piece of sandwich, took a microscopic bite, put it back down and turned to me demanding cookies!!!! I have to admit I cracked laughing, just couldn't help myself. He did not get any cookies though, but he was happy having a pear.
my cheeky monkey
P.S. despite all the frustrations and challenges I have trying to raise a little boy to become a man of God some time in the future, I do love him dearly. And on days like today, with challenges piled upon challenges I'm so happy once he's in bed, but I just came out of his room again. I heard him coughing. I went in. I snuggled up to him, held this dear little body in my arms and all the frustrations melted away. He grinned at me with his cheeky grin and asked for a kiss. I told him it was an excellent kiss. When I leave the room he blows me another kiss, still grinning. And my heart overflows of gratefulness to my Lord and Saviour that He trusted this little boy in my care although I'm failing Him every single day again and again, but also again and again I am forgiven of my short comings, imperfections, my sins. I regret I exploded like a champagne bottle when Ned threw himself down on the ground screaming just outside the dinning room, I ask for forgiveness. I receive it. I'm grateful!! I'm so grateful for every single second my two little boys can be with me, actually not forgetting my third boy, Ben.... there are so many reasons to thankful for, so many, beyond counting. Why do I so easily forget and get caught up in frustrations and irritations?? But oh how good it is for the soul to receive forgiveness anew, every time I ask for it. Thank you, Lord!

No comments:
Post a Comment