Monday, October 11, 2010

My dis-likes and likes...

I'm thinking about our going to the ship a lot lately (fancy that, I mean d-day is tomorrow) and I wondered what I was looking forward to and what, uhm, not so. Somehow often it is so much easier to focus on dis-likes, on the uncomfortable, the not so nice, the things one hates:
  • the travel to get there... okay it is very short compared with what we have travelled before, but still, this time we have two kiddos
  • not being able to cook myself
  • living in a small cabin
  • lots of noise around
  • Ben being gone from Saturday until Wednesday and I have to deal with two kids on my own in a new environment AND a voyage (okay, I do know the ship, but it'll be so different now, e.g. having two kids, living there only temporarily, many new people)
  • food with tuna in it
  • chicken and rice (or hopefully they don't have that on Logos Hope..???)
  • not being able to go out by myself
  • having to wear cultural appropriate clothing (long sleeves and long pants and high neck line)
  • and last but not least, still having to finish packing

BUT, I do NOT want to focus on the negative aspects, I want to be positive, encouraging, rejoicing, radiating joy and the love of Jesus, humorous, flexible, teachable, open.
  • My friends... man, I'm SO much looking forward catching up with you guys, uhm, girls :o)
  • Christian input every day
  • being able to go down to deck 4 and just have a chat with people
  • fundeck (hahaha) he hasn't had to many opportunities to play with others his own age
  • experience new cultures and people
  • Adventure
  • Seeing God at work in my life as well as in the ministry and in people around me
  • the library
  • great photography opportunities and maybe being able to learn from others
  • seeing God's amazing creation, His signature
  • international community
  • English worship
  • having many babysitters at hand, hahaha
  • unique food experiences (uhm, I hope I can cope)
  • seeing the changes of the last year... I'm sure there must have been many changes, hopefully more positive ones than negative ones
  • catching up :o)
  • the voyage
    (hopefully it'll be smooth)
See?? There are many more positive points, and I'm pretty sure there are many more which I've forgotten. I am very grateful that we have this opportunity to visit the ship again, once I see beyond all the things which still needed to be done before leaving, that is:o)))). Well, I should go now and get done those many hundreds of things I have to get done before we'll be picked up by my brother tomorrow at 1430h, sigh... it'll be a late night once again....


No comments:

Post a Comment