Friday, October 29, 2010

Do you also have such moments in life which I call “Reality Checks” or maybe even better “Normality Checks”????? You pause in life and think “What in the world AM I doing here?”

Well, I just had one of those moments today thinking: “Normal people don’t sit in a 4W drive bottle feeding a baby on the one side and wiping off the really runny and snotty nose of a toddler on the other while humping and bumping around on the back seat through the Sahara desert”. Well, I guess I don’t really belong in the category “normal” anyway. Now sitting here at the computer back on the ship, still trying to get the Saharan sand out of eyes, hair, ears, cloths, children and pretty sure also camera, I feel like I entered a different world. The last two, three days where VERY intense and I think I will write several stories about it here on the blog (I hope I won’t bore youJ), but now I’m way too tired to write much more (I think I got only something like 2h of sleep last night and maybe another 1/2h on the humpy and bumpy backseat in the Sahara desert between feeding and wiping noses). Despite the little sleep, we had an amazing time on our overnight stay in a little desert town called Misdah, about 2 1/2h drive inland. There are many things I learned (I think) and many (hopefully) great photos I took (there are 628 downloading on the laptop as I speak… ahm, write, and most properly I will delete quite a lot of them, because I don’t want to compete with a man in Misdah who has 50.000 photos on his computer, and proud of itJ!

Well, I really wanna go to bed and catch up on some sleep,… one last thought though, what would you expect to eat as a meal when you are in the middle (okay, only somewhere of the side) of the Sahara??? I thought of lamb, or sheep or goat… or camel… or grasshopper… BUT no, we had tuna, fancy thatJ!!! Unfortunately I don’t fancy tuna very much ("hate" really is a very strong word), BUT it still tasted really good (despite the tuna) because of the company and scenery!!

Night night… maybe I wait to post it, until I can add at least one photo, shan’t I????J




P.S. Out of politeness I not only ate tuna in the desert (and for tuna it really tasted good) but I also drank a cup of coffee (I really do NOT like coffee)… but unfortunately I have to admit that my sacrifice for politeness wasn't sooo big, because the cup was rather tiny and the coffee so sweet that there was hardly any coffee taste left… but still too much coffee taste for my liking)

1 comment:

  1. Becca, I look forward to hearing about your trip. I guess Ben is too busy to write so we want to hear all the news from you. Hope the nose is running less now.

    ReplyDelete