My dad was discharged out of hospital on Wednesday, I even had the honour of taking him home after staying with him for the afternoon together with Cedric. He's doing really fine, he is very, VERY grateful to have bit longer here on good old earth and he's happy to be back home again. It's weird that he's back home within 2 days of discovering his heart condition. Theoretically he would have been able to even leave on Tuesday, but the wound, where they had stuck in the heart catheter had been bleeding a bit, so he had to stay one more day. He's still a bit sore and has problems walking, which was to be expected (but came as a surprise for my good old dad), but heart-wise no problem whatsoever. Mum and dad wanted to spend some more time with Ned before we leave for the ship so I left Ned with them on Wednesday and picked him up again today. I tried to explain to him that Opa has a bad AUA on his tummy, and he really was concerned about Opa and would say now and then: "Opa, aua, belly" but once he saw my dad and was shown the band-aid, which isn't very big nor impressive, he couldn't really understand, why Opa could carry him, or bend down to him or do all the things Opa normally would do with him. When I was leaving from their place, I told Ned again that he had to be "lieb" (nice) to Opa, because Opa was sick, and when my mum called me yesterday she told me, that at one point he remembered that he had to be nice and said: "Opa, lieb!" (Heart-melting-moment).
Well, and I am busy getting ready to leave for 6 weeks again, how I despise packing my life in a couple of suitcases, but I guess that's the price you pay for living a rather not-so-normal life, but rather one which is a bit more adventurous. I have to admit, sometimes it overcomes me and I would love to be a bit more normal, living in a home, not just a temporary place which we call home but doesn't really feel like a home because you don't wanna put much finances or effort into making it nice an comfy because you know you'll be leaving again soon. Here I am, admitting it, that at times I do COVET a normal life, living in your own house, being able to hamster things (or resources how my dad-in-law calls it.... you never know when you might need it again). The weeks leading up to a travel, no matter where it goes and for how long I will be gone, is always the worst. I do NOT want to go (no matter how exciting the travel destination might be), I do NOT want to PACK, I do NOT want to do all those things need doing before you leave for some time, but I guess that's a necessary part of my rather adventurous life... at least partially adventurous, at times it can be rather boring and normal, which I do enjoy as well :o)
One thing which I had to get done before leaving is getting started with vaccinations for Ced, so yesterday we made our way to the Paediatrician for a generally check up.... Well, I have to tell you that my 3 months old is "Mr. Micheline-Man 2010", I knew he was, uhm, rather big, but not that big: he sports proud 8,4kg on the scales with 64cm in hight. Ned is 15kg.... so Ced weighs already more than half of Ned's weight. Ned was big when he was a baby, but I think Ced's bigger, he wears cloths for babies double his age, hmmm .... but he's a happy chappy and I hope he'll stretch out once he's walking :o)))) (Maybe it runs the family: When my big brother was a baby he could have won the award "Mr. Buddah 1974", and I have to admit, I wasn't no small baby either). Well, Mr. Micheline-man is generally a very happy bubba, doesn't cry much, loves to smile at you (especially with his milk bottle in his mouth) and makes the cutest baby noises ever, and he's quite a good sleeper, yesterday he let us sleep until almost 6:30am :o)
Well, as it is already 2 am I should go to bed now, I really should, my brain starts doing funny things to me, and hopefully bubba will let us sleep until 6:30 again... well, good night world....
No comments:
Post a Comment