Monday, October 4, 2010

Could you pray??

Life happens!! One moment all you kind of worry about is those suitcases which need to be packed again (I hate packing) and then you get a phone call the the suitcases loose their significance and everything falls out of focus.
My dad's in hospital. My healthy dad, my dad who always jokes around, my dad who looks much younger then he is, MY dad. He had a feeling of pressure on his chest for the last couple of weeks now and then, but didn't really worry about it, because it would always go away again. I also wasn't too much worried, because bad things only happen to people we don't know, not to oneself or ones family, right?? I did ask him if it was in the area of the heart, but he said no, so I left it with that. Maybe I should have kicked my brain in gear and make him go to the doctor, but I didn't, because he said it wasn't in the area of the heart. He went to the doctor today though and my mum just called that he was send straight to the hospital to have surgery today. One of his heart vessel is narrowed, not totally blocked and he'll have one of those surgeries where they put a catheter in, don't know what it is called in English, but it isn't an open heart surgery or anything. It's such a shock. I guess all those things always come as a shock. We'll pray that everything will work out okay, but it is a comfort to know, that my dad is in God's almighty hands, no matter what happens, his name is written in the book of life, he knows that something better comes after he dies, that he will be with his Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. I don't wanna loose my dad, but if it was his time to go, I know where he's going and that I will see him again, once it is my time to go.

Do you know, where you will be going?? Where do YOU stand with God, the creator of heaven and earth?? I want to challenge YOU to think about it, because things like that don't have a pre-warning, they just happen and then it might be too late to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment