- It is 10 pm and both kids are still awake, this time #1 is peacefully talking in his bed and #2 is complaining and bright awake instead of peacefully sleeping
- 3 major tantrums of #1: the morning madness lasted full 2 hours, then there was another 1/2h of screaming just before our evening tidy up and another 20 min more in the middle of tidying up
- mashed up and soggy raisins spread all over #1's bed due to the fact that he had "hamstered" them in his mouth just before the evening tantrum started, and screaming and hamstering just don't work together
- 2 major super-pooing-sessions of #2, thankfully in the nappies and not all over me or other things..... you really wonder where all that poo is stored in such a little guy
- mum also decided to throw a tantrum and lay on the ground kicking, head-banging and screaming, unfortunately it did not have the desired effect (meaning that #1 would be shocked and silenced by such a disgraceful display of his behaviour) and rather backfired (it made him scream even more), but I must say, it felt rather relieving to let it out, but after less then a minute it lost it's attraction
- several melt downs of mum due to the screaming kid in his room
- as a result of that I noticed that I should use water-proof make-up next time (black mascara running down my face makes kiddo scream even more, I discovered)
- bad timing of husbands: he was off playing football for a good cause, I wished I was off playing footy for a good cause myself (on the side, I am VERY tempted to go off tomorrow and let husband handle the go-to-bed-procedure of our two lovely boys all by himself)
- on the good side, I did manage to make bread
- I did take a shower today
- I did brush my teeth
- AND I did stay within my chocolate allowance for today, although it was VERY tempting to eliminate every single piece of chocolate I could find in the flat... in fact every single piece of sweets in general, BUT I DID NOT (good girl!!!)
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Sum up first day: normal madness of mother of two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You baked bread! That in itself is noteworthy, some of us would hardly have made a cup of tea, let alone gone and baked something. I hope this second day alone with the boys has gone much better. If I could package a hug it would be in the mail.. express!!
ReplyDelete