Saturday, July 10, 2010

Still pregnant...

... although it was due yesterday, Wyatt #4 seems to want to teach me patience. Well, to be honest, I didn't expect differently. I tell myself it can still take almost up to two weeks (although that thought almost makes me cry. I HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!). Temperatures are in their mid thirties and Germany isn't designed for these kind of temperatures, and neither am I. My feet started to take on elephantine proportions, BUT I found a cure for that: PINEAPPLE!!!! Man that stuff works and de-waters you like crazy.... which means you spend more time on the toilet, but at least the legs look in better shape (even if everything else is only in one shape describable: ROUND).
For my due day I planned NOT to sit at home and mope, but rather have nice plans, so I strapped Ned in his beloved bike seat and met my friend Karla and her kids in the swimming pool. Actually that was the first time ever for me to go swimming super-pregnant. :o)))
As it also happened, the 8th of July is also our "official" wedding anniversary, as you have two weddings in Germany, a civil and a church wedding, and the civil wedding was on the 8th, but the real one in our eyes was on the 10th of July. And of course we both forgot until the evening, then Ben brought back some flowers when I send him shopping with Ned:o)))
Now, that I am "over due" it is very annoying that I have to go and see the doctor every second day (ou what a joy, I love seeing doctors and I LOVE waiting up to 3 hours in the waiting room). So like a good girl I went and saw her today and she told me, that then in 2 days, on Sunday, I need to go to the hospital for the 2 days check up. I almost burst out in tears. I don't wanna go to the hospital for stupid CTs without having a reason, like baby is coming. On the other hand, if baby decided to come on Sunday I'll be more then happy to go to hospital and get over and done with it. I pleaded with my doc and she had mercy on me and I was allowed to have a 3 days check up instead of a 2 days check up and see her on Monday instead. I much rather would not have to see her (although I do like her very much), but I much rather would like to have a baby in between, but God alone knows when this will happen (I HATE waiting, did I mention that before???) I am also very grateful I am not on the ship at the moment, because the constant comment a hundred times a day: "WHAT??? You're still pregnant?????" ("Really?? I hadn't noticed!!") would have (eventually) made me a murderess. But living here in peaceful Mosbach I am only occasionally confronted with those remarks and in less quantity I can handle them without going psycho:o)))) I think what I struggle with the most is expectations. I expect it to be similar to the first birth: it was "only" 3 days late, it was quick and it wasn't as bad as I imagined. So now I start panicking myself with thoughts like "Gosh, what if they have to induce, like 2 weeks later??", "What if it is so much longer then the first time???", "what if it is a really bad birth, because I expected it to be 'easy'????", "What if...??", "What IF...?" and "WHAT IF....??????". They don't help at all, what ifs. They just drive you gaga. But sometimes I just can't help myself.
So, enough panic-thoughts.... a little funny story about offspring. Well, Ned's still a two year old and we still have tantrums and melt downs. Well, we had one in his room today where he just was NOT happy with mum. So mum decided to leave the room. And so that he couldn't throw it, she also took his juice bottle with her, which off course, he wanted to have back straight away. So I was sitting in our little corridor (in a comfy chair) outside his room and he was howling inside "drink, drink, drink", when all of a sudden, he opened up the door, threw out his beloved Hermie bear, closed the door again and then started howling "Hermie, Hermie, Hermie!!!". It just cracked me!!!

Well, I wished the next time I write something on here, it could be that baby has decided to come and that it wasn't bad and that I'm doing alright and that baby is healthy and a boy or a girl, but I shall be patient and use the time until that event and rest as much as possible, because who knows how much sleep and rest I will get afterwards

No comments:

Post a Comment