Sometimes it's so easy to only think in terms of nice beaches, tropical fruits and beautifully clear water. It is God's wonderful creation and if we have the chance we will go and enjoy it, but we are here for and with a purpose, which is to share the good news of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins with people. Most people here know the "Christian" things and know what Chrsitans ought to do or not do, but many of those do not live the knowledge (and to be honest, I also struggle in areas... who doesn't??).
Most of my time abaord though I spend with Ned and trying to be a good mum, but there are opportunities to go out as well, and to b honest, sometimes those opportunity freak me out. For example next Saturday a couple of mums are helping out in a vocational bible camp. WE'll be making balloon animals for around 200 kids. My ballooning skill unfortunaltey are VERY rusty, so we had a freshening up today which was great fun (but I'm always afraid those balloon-sausages pop on me while I create amazing wildlife like a giraffe or dog (depending how long the neck is it's either a giraffe or a dog). But all in all it's great fun doing and I'm looking forward to Saturday, although I'm not very much into children's ministries.... and talking baout kids, I guess I should stop waffling now and get my kid of the stools he just climbed and save him from any damage
Wow Becs, no comments yet at all??? Glad to be the first, at least you have some proof your blog is read :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is all that you're talking about? Rejoining Doulos??? So exciting! I think I have to catch up again by reading blogs/facebook, so I at least know what is going on out there...
Love, your old Dutch mabincate :p