... especially to the kids ( I mean that's the only kinda life they know). Well, the other day one of our girls on board came over to me with a water filled balloon. she told me: "this is a water bomb and it shall be my pet and I shall name him Bob!!" (Reminds me of a scene in "Finding Nemo... hmm, something with a Squishy) weeeeeeellllllll... I told you, ship's live affects you in a weird way at times. But then again it is also really great for kids. Yesterday we had the opportunity to catch a ferry from St. Vincent to one of the Grenadine islands, Bequia (but but strangely you pronounce it "beck-way"). it was kind off the first time for Ned to be on a beach. At first he was scared of the sand, than he was scared of the water but after he while he got used to both of them. In fact he enjoyed the sand so much, that his scalp had a thick sand crust (it almost looked like a Schnitzel) and the rest of him was also almost entirely covered up with sand. at the end of the day we had a very happy but also a EXTREMELY exhausted little bloke. It was great fun. But to be honest, I think I prefer Western Australian beaches over Caribbean beaches (sorry, but that's how it is!!!), because the sand is so much finer and whiter :o).
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Living aboard ship does something to you....
... especially to the kids ( I mean that's the only kinda life they know). Well, the other day one of our girls on board came over to me with a water filled balloon. she told me: "this is a water bomb and it shall be my pet and I shall name him Bob!!" (Reminds me of a scene in "Finding Nemo... hmm, something with a Squishy) weeeeeeellllllll... I told you, ship's live affects you in a weird way at times. But then again it is also really great for kids. Yesterday we had the opportunity to catch a ferry from St. Vincent to one of the Grenadine islands, Bequia (but but strangely you pronounce it "beck-way"). it was kind off the first time for Ned to be on a beach. At first he was scared of the sand, than he was scared of the water but after he while he got used to both of them. In fact he enjoyed the sand so much, that his scalp had a thick sand crust (it almost looked like a Schnitzel) and the rest of him was also almost entirely covered up with sand. at the end of the day we had a very happy but also a EXTREMELY exhausted little bloke. It was great fun. But to be honest, I think I prefer Western Australian beaches over Caribbean beaches (sorry, but that's how it is!!!), because the sand is so much finer and whiter :o).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment