somehow, I really can't stand the word swine flu anymore. Yes it IS a pandemic influenza, YES, but they come and they go and then a different one comes and goes again and yet another one.... we live in a fallen world. Here, in Grenada (we arrived today) they are a bit.... how to say... over careful . We all had to fill in little health update forms, we have little signs up on important places around the ship how to prevent spreading a flu and at the bottom of the gangway we have a disinfectant dispenser for ship's visitors to disinfect their hands before they walk up the gnagway. I still remember the panic about the bird flu a couple of years ago, and now it's all forgotten. I am sorry for those who lost loved ones, but I hate the panic making about it. A bit of balance would be nice........
Friday, August 14, 2009
swin flu thoughts
somehow, I really can't stand the word swine flu anymore. Yes it IS a pandemic influenza, YES, but they come and they go and then a different one comes and goes again and yet another one.... we live in a fallen world. Here, in Grenada (we arrived today) they are a bit.... how to say... over careful . We all had to fill in little health update forms, we have little signs up on important places around the ship how to prevent spreading a flu and at the bottom of the gangway we have a disinfectant dispenser for ship's visitors to disinfect their hands before they walk up the gnagway. I still remember the panic about the bird flu a couple of years ago, and now it's all forgotten. I am sorry for those who lost loved ones, but I hate the panic making about it. A bit of balance would be nice........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you Becca. It is a flue. We get them every year.
ReplyDelete