Well, our cabin really isn't big (it REALLY isn't... only if you consider 15 square meters plus 1.5m2 bathroom and 4m2 kid's room BIG, then our cabin would be big... anyway...). One would think it is small enough to keep ones eye on ones kid. I was proved wrong today!!!! Well, I sat at the computer and behind me Ned was busy playing. He threw a book here and houled a toy over there, threw his new book over the "Ned-stop" in the door... well, he was a busy as a 14 months old can be. I wasn't watching for maybe.... 1,5 minutes and suddenly I hear this metallic noise behind me. Well, sometimes it is very hard to be a disciplined parent and NOT laugh at the ingenious ideas offspring comes up with. Well, what need did was, he moved the almost only movable piece of furniture, an IKEA easy chair, to the sink, and quickly climbed on the easy chair, pulled himself up with one hand on the backrest , so that his feet were like 20 cm off the chair's seating part, and with the other hand he threw down the cutlery on the sink (happily I intervened before he reach the crockery!!!)Well, I decided it's time for bed (for him, not for me)... but despite being not very happy with him, I'm amazed how smart and ingenious he is :0)
Telephones!!!! Although I do admit that they are quite useful, nonetheless I don't really like them... much (as most of my friends, work colleges and family know). Unlike offspring!!! He is intrigued with telephones!!! EVERYTHING is a telephone in his eyes... the remote control in the TV room, the computer mouse in the office, mum's hair brush, even the string on his pull-along-toy-thing goes straight up to the ear (I'm hardly ever on the phone, so I don't even know how he knows what a phone is). Well, he knows the phone goes to the ear, but up until yesterday he didn't really know what to do with it besides putting it next to his ear. Every time some grandparents called and we passed the receiver on to him he was dead silent and fascinated by the phone itself. Well, last night he got hold of our phone and he was talking and laughing away.... but maybe best I show you a little video, that's easier than explaining.
Now we just need to try this with a person on the other end, if he's still as talkative as just conversing with a "PEEP".
Well, what else could be interesting... maybe my frustration with the English language???? Well... I tried to figure out the plural form for MONKEY. So I go to a rather useful web page called www.leo.org, I type in the German word for plural monkey: "Affen" and what does the silly thing show me??? It translated it to "simian". NEVER heard of that word.... what in the world is simian???? I just want to have the plural of monkey. So I try to guess what it could be..monkeies, monkeys, monkies... to be honest, I really thought they all looked wrong (that's why I started a search to begin with), but well, after a while it dawned on me that the plural might just be monkey... just like sheep... or donkey....!!! Did those people who decided to invent English do it with the purpose to frustrate us poor foreigners who try to learn the language??? I mean, how in the world am I to know if "monkey" means one monkey or 5000 monkey. One small little, humble, beautiful "S" at the end of the word would help immensely!!! And it doesn't hurt anyone, I'm sure of it!!! So my proposal is, that from now on it is sheepS, monkeyS and donkeyS
P.S. I'm utterly confused!!! I'm a smart girl now and then, so I just started a little spell check program. And this smart thing did NOT consider the words monkeys or donkeys for wrong... so does that mean my proposition for the change was really, really quickly dealt with or or did the leo.org translation machine just made a fool out of me and put me in utter confusion about monkeys and donkeys for nothing??? I don't get it... i should spend my time more useful than writing and thinking and contemplating about donkeys and monkeys and other similarly silly things... anyway... if there is a English speaker out there who could enlighten me I would be very thankful..... gotta go..... seeya... over and out
Ich muss schon sagen, dass ihr echt einen coolen Sohn habt!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete:)
That is great for a laugh. You have a bright boy there
ReplyDeletethe dictionary says plural "donkeys." or one is" a donkey."
ReplyDeleteSheep is" a sheep "for one or plural "sheep" one" a Monkey" or monkeys for plural (more than one)