Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We entered a new era of life!!

No, we have not moved... yet... that is still to come in 8 days time (scary), more about that later.

But Ned has learned to ride a bike. With training wheels of course, but he learned it within 1 day and he LOVES it.
I always wanted to do it differently, highly ambitious parent that I am. Balancing bikes are the fashion in Germany. They are basically little kids bikes without pedals and the kids use their feet to move forwards. It's great for balance and it helps kids not to relay on training wheels. Once they figure out the balance they are much faster in riding normal bicycles than when going through the process with first learning to ride bikes with training wheels. And it is still my plan... once we're in Oz.


Someone lend us this little bike for the last couple days in Germany. And with the weather being so beautiful it's such blessing... so we're outside, instead of finishing off our packing.
But our little bundle of energy loves it... the only problem is the steering at times... you have to run with him to keep him from running over people or dogs... yesterday he purposefully drove (almost) into a dog and his owner, because he wanted to ride the dog.... uhm.


Also yesterday we met up with Ned's friend Silas and his family... and we had quite a good time (apart from almost running over dogs and their owners).






But although we spend quite some time out of doors, the majority of our packing is done... it's the odd bits and pieces which are ALWAYS a pain in the neck... and there are a lot od odd bits and pieces still around. Basically our place does NOT look like the majority is done, because of all the odd bits and pieces... in fact it looks a bit like a war zone. I love organization and order, but unfortunately I suck at it... whenever I pack it looks like chaos... I'd love to say organized chaos but often I don't have a clue about anything no more.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This time I tried to write down every single little bit, so I'd know exactly where in the ocean of boxes everything is... fat chances. We're looking for something I've packed away, and apparently I didn't write this particular piece down... great. Someone mentioned that I must be really good at packing my life in boxes... but that is not the case... maybe because I hate the task so much????


I wished I owned several houses around the world with everything in it, inclusive a full wardrobe... and you just travel with your hand luggage... sigh!!! Well as this isn't the case we try to figure out what to put on our one pallet we're sending ourselves , what to chuck and what to pack in our check-in luggage, sigh. The boxes for the pallet are packed and actually out of the house... now Ben has to play TETRIS and has to make them fit on the pallet... I so hope they will fit... I REALLY do not want to go through them again and decide which I don't want to take after all... grrrrr. We already had to decide to leave our bikes behind and try to sell them. Hopefully someone wants to buy them.
Additionally to all the packing I also had to visit the dentist one last time: to get rid of festering tooth. While I was there I asked him to check one last time if all my teeth are okay now. And no they were not... there was one hidden hole so additionally to having a tooth pulled he also dealt with that hole. I have gone through lots of dental things lately but I tell you that hole he dealt with which did not hurt before, is such a bother now... not the tooth he pulled, which I expected to hurt much more. I'm looking forward to heaven with a heavenly set of teeth, sigh!!
You know, with giving birth I bounced back like a rubber ball and was as fit as can be but with my teeth I am SUCH a ninny!!! I'm also taking antibiotics because of that horrid tooth, which not only tastes aweful and you have the taste in your mouth all day, no, it also makes my tummy hurt.... see... I am ninny-ing around.... sob,sob,sob!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment