Sunday, March 13, 2011

My strategies for avoiding packing

I know it IS silly thing to do, because it HAS to be done, sooner or later and doing it later rather than soon way too often results in stress and late nights... but looking outside and seeing that BEAUTIFUL spring day... well, I just CANNOT stay indoors. I just LOVE spring. It is my favourite season. And I will miss so much of it, because we'll be moving into Aussie autumn... I mean autumn isn't too bad, but still, I had a looooong winter and just wanna soak up every spring day I can. So, this morning I went running (I mean it's good for me, right???) And this time I went for around an hour and managed around 8km. Maybe for many of you out there this isn't very impressive, but for me it is... I would have never thought I'd EVER run 8km... it wasn't my normal running track so there wasn't a major hill in it, but still there were some ups and downs... but afterwards I didn't even want to think about ever running again ever in my life... now I feel okay about it.
In the afternoons I had to go to the shops quickly and took the bike. The day was so pleasant that when coming home we decided to go for a bike ride. Whichever sporty activity I do, I normally ALWAYS try to do it on as level a ground as I can, but the last couple months I've changed a bit, and although I deeply loath any sort of hills I try to conquer them, so this time for our 45min little tour we went up, up, up... somewhere I'd never been up before... and the reward came when we could go down, down, down again... also a road I had never been on, so that was nice. I should have gone swimming today as well... then I could have said I'm training for a triathlon :o)))) But I didn't go swimming, but Cedric had a bath, does that count??? And he had great fun :o)





Well, I got my new set of teeth yesterday, and I really like them... actually much better then my old ones, so here's a picture of me with the old ones which Mirjam took in Edinburgh


And here my new ones


Well, now I'll do some more packing... I wanted to be kind of finished with the majority before Ned comes back tomorrow... and I have done quite bit already, but my "packing room", the lounge, looks like a disaster struck... I shouldn't say that though... I meant it as matter of describing and it is reality in Japan... it hurts so bad to see those pictures and to think of the hurt and so many people lost everything and I'm complaining about packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment