Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do you know the character "Jaws" out of one of the old James Bond movies??? It's that guy with the steel teeth... I feel a bit like him... not that I have steel teeth but I'm not the same anymore after a 2h session at the dentist last Wednesday... and boy that hurt, as I said I'd rather give birth again than going to the dentist...ou how good it is that women seem to have short term memory loss when it come to giving birth... but back to my teeth. well, the dentist had to get rid off my old crowns there and prepare me to get new ones in a couple weeks time. In the meantime I have a none-permanent "Crown/bridge" thing which makes me feel like said "Jaws". Okay, mine aren't steel but plastic and I can't kill anyone with a bit, neither am I able to take a bit off an apple or a sandwich or anything, but that thing is so awkward... I always have to try to remember to smile with my mouth closed because a fully on smile is well... not so nice at present. Sigh... but I AM very grateful that I live in a country where they can help me and I don't have to run around without front teeth.
Ned's visit to the dentist had been much shorter. Before going I tried to prepare him but how do you prepare anyone for the dentist??? Well, I used little bribe... uhm... positive enforcement: "If you do really well and let the lady look in your mouth we'll watch 'Shawn the sheep' once we're back home". But going into the room with this funky chair,all those buttons, knives and other pointy things as well as the yells of pain from the neighbouring room CAN be a bit overwhelming for innocent eyes/ears. He grabbed hold on me and would not open his mouth, although he knew "Auntie Leila" privately. Well, so I sat there on a chair, not THE chair though, and offspring on my lap, refusing to open his mouth. I whispered in his ear: "If you open your mouth and let her have look we'll watch 'Shawn the sheep', remember???" I could see his little wheels working in his brain and all of a sudden the mouth snapped wiiiiiiiiddddde open and Auntie Leila could have a good look around. What a good boy... better than me... I always feel like running away when I'm at the dentist, or biting off his fingers that is :o).

Well, living in little Mosbach can be a bit dull at times and you kind of run of ideas what to do. Well, we discovered this REALLY cheap fun activity for the entire family... weeeeelllll... it isn't really an activity as no one is really doing any exercise, but fun it was nonetheless: going through the car wash!!!! It was only 1.99 EUR -and the car desperately needed it- but you SHOULD have seen he eyes of my little boy... unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, but next time I will... although, I think there won't be next time as the car's clean now and will be sold soon...

For the last 3 days or so we also have a baby on the move... he's not only spinning in circles on his belly but started the army crawl, which looks a bit like a caterpillar, but also rather cute :o). Although he seems to have "drama queen" tendencies (watching his brother and DAD too often I suppose), most of the time he's our little sunshine boy :o).









No comments:

Post a Comment