Thursday, March 17, 2011

My heart aches so much

It really does. I feel like someone has his hands around my upper body and squeezes it... looking at the newspapers almost made me cry at the shops today... I'm so unspeakable sorry for the people in Japan... in Libya... in NZ... it seems like one catastrophe chases the next and with every bigger horror unveiling you forget about the last, because the news seem to do it... there is hardly anything about the NZ earthquake on anymore, because the vastness of awful destruction in Japan... but here I am sitting and grieving for all those who have lost everything worldly and hope and pray that they will find something which will last for eternity.
I wonder how I would react... would I fight for survival or lay down and die... would I try to save my own skin with all means no matter what or try to save others???? I dread that I would be a coward but I also dread to ever be in a situation to test my character and discover that I'm not. I would love to be able to think of myself as someone who stands up and fights for others, but I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment