Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Weird Hobbies of a Two-Year-Old

It IS strangely fascinating what fascinates a toddler.
Honestly, I never put much thought into our dirty laundry basket, except of course, thinking of putting the dirty laundry rather in it than on the floor (which OF COURSE would NEVER EVER happen in our home, uhm) , but well, Ned fell in love with it, insists on calling it "Logos Hope" and is rather offended with me if I use it for it's normally designated purpose.
Also numbers.. I know that there are some Maths-freaks out there who love nothing better than numbers, but I didn't expect my son to be one of them, but here we go. He loves counting, and sometimes he even accidentally hits the right number for the right amount. Today at lunch for example he counted the stars in the room all the way from "one" up to "six" (okay, there are only 5 stars in the room, BUT I was SO impressed with him being able to count all the way up to six by himself.
Another thing is his potty. The other day, out of the blue I decided to give potty training a go, very easy-going and relaxed.. and yesssss, I bribed him with HARIBO. Now the problem is that he hardly get off the silly thing... not for peeing sake but for gummibear's sake... so I started a different approach, and did (what all parents seem to do now-a-days) a sticker chart. He is VERY excited about the stickers as well.... so here he thrones on his potty, reads books and you hardly get him off it, because of "sticker" or "gummibear", but he actually thrones successfully.... so maybe we are getting somewhere with it????
Just like almost every normal child he really likes sweets, but he is also really crazy about veggies.... I mean how often do you have to tell your kids: "You can't have more tomatoes until you've eaten your cheese and nice bun!!"??????
He's also a neat-freak... he LOVES putting things in the bin, and his young mind even gets a hold of the German recycling system, amazing... okay, sometimes you have to check the bins before you empty them that nothing valuable has found its way in it out of a strange reason, but still, bins are great in his eyes... maybe because they are so conveniently on his eye level???

Well, I shall go to bed now!

1 comment: