So this is Fred, in all his magnificence. He looks quite nice but I've got NO clue whatsoever what kind of plant he is, and, well, he leaks.... he leaks a LOT!! He peed on my wall papers so I had to move Fred (the stains remained though). Then he constantly peed on the couch. I moved him once again. Then he peed on the floor so that the water slowly work its way into the wood of the floor. So Fred had to move yet another time. Then he peed on my IKEA shelf thing and left an ugly dark blob behind which I can't get rid off. So off went Fred to yet another location. There he peed on the floor again. I tried to cover the wooden floor with a rug under the peeing Fred, but Fred's rather big leaved so the rug doesn't cover all and we have to clean up a little Fred puddle every second day or so. Who said it's easier to keep a pot plant than a dog???
Well, it's not only the peeing. Fred can also be rather nasty. I had to cut off one of the big leaves and I thought it rather fascinating (and he thought he'd pee out of the cut off stem for the next 2 weeks): there was SO much water stored in the leave and its stem, it had a bit of a WOW-factor. Unfortunately Fred did not like me squeezing out the water of his cut off leave and I had itchy hand for the next hour or so.
I never knew that a pot plant can cause so much annoyance, but I suppose we have to bear it, as he is too magnificent to be thrown out as well as he's still green and living, and not many plants are still green and living with me after so many months, so I suppose we'll continue wiping after Fred for the next couple of months, but he will NOT move to Australia with me!!!!
P.S. someone should invent pot plant nappies!!







Hello Becca, I found your blog through reading Carlien's. I enjoy it, reading bout what the Wyatts are up to. I think the invention of the potplant nappie is a great idea ;-)
ReplyDeleteTake care and if you are interested i will send an invite to read mine.
Blessings
Laura
Hi Laura :o) I'd love to read yours :o)))
ReplyDelete