Monday, December 20, 2010

It has been snowing A LOT of late

I really wished it was Christmas already, because then we would have a VERY white Christmas. It has been snowing like crazy... to be honest, I haven't seen so much snow in this part of Germany as long as I can remember. The problem is that it isn't so very cold (although it feel very cold, because wet cold feels colder than dry cold). It's +/- 0 . So last night lots of the 30cm of snow had actually melted away and today I mentally prepared myself for miserable, sludge, baeh weather, but instead it is bucketing down snow once again.
I mean, yeah, it's nice, but it also means that I need to go outside now and clear the footpath of snow so that no one can fall there and blame us... and it really is a help to people if the walkway is cleared, ESPECIALLY if you're a mum pushing a stroller with a heavy baby in it and additionally have a toddler standing on the kiddy board... it sums up to around 40kg to push, and that ain't no fun pushing on a sludgy, snowy, icy footpath because someone was too lazy to clear it out. I actually almost fell going downhill and saw with my mental eyes already the stroller with my two kiddos shooting down the rest of the hill onto the main street.
I try to be outside as often as possible, not because I want to but because it's good for us to be in the fresh air. So today I decided to go and feed the ducks once more. Ned was excited by the idea and when we were all finally wrapped up we headed off. Ned didn't want to wear his gloves so I put them on the stroller, which proofed to be a mistake. 15min later one of them was missing. Great. I personally am convinced that they should sell gloves not in pairs but in triplets so that you have the chance to loose one glove and still have two left over (WE had lost a glove of another pair already an I was lucky to be able to buy exactly the same once again, so now I have triplets of those gloves, but they are only knitted once which aren't any use in playing with snow). As I was heading though Down Town Mosbach anyway I quickly stopped in a shop to grab a new pair, but there weren't any anymore. Great. I kind of send a quick prayer up to our Father in heaven that he'd help me to find it on my way back home.
It started to snow heavily, but as I had promised Ned to go and feed the ducks, on we went to the park. I had forgotten that most likely no one would bother shovelling snow in the park, and in fact no one had, so I had to push my tank engine of a pram through the deep snow while it was continuing to bucket down on us. That was one of the moments in live when you ask yourself for the trillion-est time "What in the world am I doing here???", but when I finally reached the very eager ducks it was such a joy to see offspring feeding them... and eating the duck food partially himself (poor boy, doesn't get anything to eat at home).
Well, and off we went to go back home. My eyes scanning the snowy ground for the lost sheep... uhm, glove, but the further I went, the lower my hopes got. I was busy pushing this gigantic baby chariot and attachments up the hill to our place when I had to stop to blow my nose. I turned my head slightly, and there was the glove, sitting on top of a fence, already covered with snow, hardly visible... and really, just next to me. Wow. I was blown. I mean it's just a little thing, but somehow I didn't really expect God to answer my prayer, but nonetheless, he did!!




We also went sledding on the weekend. Ned LOVED it:

Especially because he didn't have to pull the sledge.

Just look at that happy smile

I would smile as well if someone pulled ME up the hill again :o)

My little Ced sausage all warm and wrapped up

But one of the nicest things of winter is coming home into the warm and cosy indoors :o)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Ben is wearing shorts in that weather? You kiddies look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete