Don't worry, I am NOT wearing a miniskirt (hmm, does mine still fit??)... neither spaghetti straps, but I started to think about this whole "not because I want but because I can" thing. We in the "West" so often focus on the "WANT", we want lots of things, and many aren't even good for us. And everyone tells us (especially Hollywood) that if you just want something strong enough you can achieve it. All that matters is what I WANT!!! But there are MANY things I certainly do NOT want AT ALL!!!! But face it, often those things are good for me. I definitely do NOT want to go runing around outside like a maniac and freeze my butt off while doing so, but exercise is good for me and I have been a Slacker (with a capitol S) for the last 6 weeks. And although EVERYTHING inside me wants to curl up on the couch with a good book or movie, hot chocolate and something to munch, I will start running again, NOT because I want, BUT because I CAN!!!!
For the last 6 weeks my chocolate intake was also on the larger side (in fact I don't have a clue how many KILOS I've eaten while being abroad) and I decided to quit chocolate at all... at least until Christmas, that's around 6 weeks to go, so again, certainly not because I want, but because I can!!!
There are many more things I should do but I don't feel like doing , but I want to change, not because I actually WANT to change, but because I can... okay, I also want to change, because Jesus challenges me to become more and more like him, which means there are many areas in my life which NEED changing.
Well, so for the last two days I haven't eaten any chocolate AND I AM surviving, wow, fancy that:o))), but committing to not eat chocolate definitely does not involve Christmas biscuits (as long as there isn't any chocolate in it, and I'm making sure there isn't, hahahaha). So today we stayed inside and made bikkies. Ned did help... at first at least, and we had great fun. I am convinced the best way of making Christmas biscuits is while still wearing your PJs, I don't know why, but somehow it adds to the charm of making them :o))
I did help a little bit to roll out the dough:o)
After a bit Ned thought baking boring though and entertained himself in our dirty laundry basket (of course without the dirty laundry being in), Ced was chillin' on his bean bag in the corner:o)
Ned LOVEd the end result... uhm, so did I :o)
Well, Ned kindly informed me today that snow is wet. I had noticed myself before, but I guess seeing snow through a child's eye is much more exciting. Most of the snow is gone now though... it'll come again I suppose. I guess that doesn't help with my plan to start running again not because I want but because I can... running through slushy, wet, half melted snow and mud and bah doesn't help me getting motivated to get started, neither does the idea of freezing off my nose appeal to me... hmmm... maybe I'll wait until the next year?? Then I could make it as a New Year's resolution....??? BECCA, how DARE you????? what about all this "not because I want but because I can" business you were waffling on about earlier?? okay, okay... I will go, I will... I promise... but maybe not today:o)))








looks like I will be able to get Ned to help with the cooking when he is here. Well done Ned,
ReplyDeletelove G'ma
I'm still waiting to see the spaghetti straps and miniskirt though.... ;)
ReplyDeleteI wish I could come spend time with you in your house there..... it looks so nice!