Sunday, November 7, 2010

How many two year old do you know who love having there nose cleaned??? Exactly.... but I know one!!! He happens to be my son!! In it self it is really great that he wants his nose wiped, unfortunately he gets very loud and urgent about it: "Nose, clean! NOSE CLEAN!!!! NOOOOOSEEEE CLLEEEEEAAAAAAN!!!!" And he says it in German, which not everyone understands, so he gets frustrated with those people who seem to refuse him a tissue :o)

Do you get totally guey inside when offspring did something incredibly cute???? Do you get upset if other kids slight or reject your kid??? Are you hurting when your child does??? Is all you wanna talk about; " YOUR CHILDREN"? Congratulation, I just diagnosed you with the "mother-decease" (aka as the "father-decease". I would have NEVER EVER believed it of myself, but here I am, fully on with the mother syndrome.. my eyes water up if Ned does something incredibly cute, it might not even be something special in other people's eyes, but for me it is. For example today he found my little note book. And he started to "read" it alaod: "blahblahblah, brushing teeth...blahblahblah.... spit it out... blahblahblah... wash hands". I really couldn't recollect that I had written down our evening teeth-brushing-routineJ. Yes, I confessed before, that at times I do struggle to like the kid I love so much, and being stuck within such a moment of struggle it's hard to see the other side, but more often than not I am so absolutely crazy about those two little guys with the pretty dark eyes. And yes, there are lots of frustrations raising a child, but counting the cost (so to speak) I would much rather have them with all the struggles than living without them or never have know them.

Two of Ned's best friends are Linde and Eva and luckily they just live down the hall. Maybe their pink doll stroller was one little draw point to befriend them, but he talks about them a lot. (although sometimes he says "Silas" instead of Eva, hmmm strange). Yesterday he was here in our cabin, when all of a sudden he said: Linde, kiss!!! So we had to go down the corridor so that he could give Linde a kiss:o)))
As I said, he loves that pink stroller as well, and luckily our friends have two so Linde and Ned can play doll mummy and daddy together.


Yesterday the girls also had their bath time and they offered to make room for him in the bath tub but he preferred "shooting" them J.



Well, enough of cute offspring. Today we had the amazing privilege to go to a place called Leptis Magna. It's an ancient ruined Roman city, and I must say, those Romans did not take good care of neither their houses nor their roads (I tried to make a joke, in case you didn't get).
It's amazing!!! On Wikipedia it says:
"The site is one of the most spectacular and unspoiled Roman ruins in the Mediterranean."

Before I steal more words, you better go directly to Wikepedia and read for yourself if you are interested. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepcis_Magna)

So, now you know more about Leptis Magna than I do and we can move on...

At this ancient Roman city I had one of those bizarre moments again: I sat down on an inscripted ancient stone and fed Ced his bottle.... I started wondering what this lump of stone had seen in its life (if rocks had eyes that is.... do rocks live???). Who had chosen this lump for whatever purpose and who had engraved it??? And where was it originally positioned and what made it fall down and serve me as a feeding-"seat" for Ced.... I'll never know, but I took a photo of the rock with Ced on it.




Ned enjoyed jumping off old ruins


there are always some things you have to do, even in old ruined cities


Daddy taxis

Well, there is still so many things to be done tonight, somehow the laundry-monster has followed me from Germany and Ben's shirts beg me to iron them. I also have get my backpack ready for tomorrow, because tomorrow we'll be going in the desert once again, this time only a one hour ride (so I was told), lunch and another hour back to the ship.

And before I let you go and do more important things than reading my waffling, I thought I'd share once more one of my "silly-Becca-thing-you-should-never-do" moments:
We do have a fridge in our cabin (PTL), and it does work (and don't worry, unlike the microwave it still works despite my silliness). It also has a tiny little freezer compartment which normally never works. Believe me, I tried to store ice cream in it once and that wasn't a good idea, honestly. So this silly freezer thing does NOT work, it doesn't even have a flap/door/thingy on it. So smart me thought I'd store my lovely Coke Zero cans in it. Bad idea. Some time during the evening I heard a little bang, bust somehow I don't seem to pay as much attention to funny noises as I used to, and didn't think anything of it. Well, when I opened the fridge to put some what in I wondered why in all the world there was brown liquid all over the fridge. I guess that you have guessed it already and you guess it right.... some of my cans had exploded and sprayed my precious Coke Zero all over the fridge... so I should go and clean that up as well, sigh.... I much rather drink the stuff than clean in out of the fridge.... grummelgrummelgrummel.... that silly freezer thing NEVER works... grummelgrummelgrummel.....

No comments:

Post a Comment