Talking about Ned. Let me tell you that drinking your bathwater in general isn't the smartest thing to do (especially if you think it great fun to pee in your bathwater, not even mentioning the bubble soap), but drinking your bathwater in Northern Africa is DEFINITELY no smart idea. Unfortunately I forgot that offspring LOVES drinking his bathwater (we really do give him enough fluids besides the bath, promised) when I stuck him in the bathtub the first night we spend in a hotel in Tripoli. Well, that night he started puking for an hour. The next day he was fine again (except having some problems with his plumbing down below, if you get my meaning), but the next night he did it again, the puking. Not nice to be woken up by gagging sounds and all the rest of the unpleasantness involved in puking. But again, during the day, inclusive the 3h flight back to Germany, it was no problem at all... until we sat in the car and had left the airport... when all of a sudden he turned into this HUGE puke fountain (I seem to have fountain kids, one's a milk fountain and one's a puke fountain). I felt so sorry for the poor guy, especially because he puked ALL over his beloved Hermie. We were also down to our last pair of long pants. Well, like father like son, we put him in shorts in 5C and headed back home as fast as we could. He didn't throw up again that night, luckily and thankfully. He slept very restless though, we had put his mattress on the floor next to our bed so that we would be with him in case he'd be sick again. He had to sleep without Hermie for a while (until she was decent again... after a wash in the washing machine that is) but he was so tired that he was gone in 5 min even without her... it gave me great pleasure though to put her back into his arms once she came out of the machine.
Even though everything feels so far away already I also somehow feel distant from our life back home... I forgot my credit card pin... and the one for my debit card as well... I could hardly remember my mobile phone pin... and yeah, it feel strange to go down to the basement to do my laundry and then to hang everything on the cloth-line... sigh, I DO miss those dryers on the Logos Hope... SIGH!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment