Sunday, June 12, 2011

I've had a headache for the last couple days, more than a week already. I guess it's the smaller amount of sugar intake of the last days as well as the lack of caffeine. And my human nature wants to go down the "self-pity" lane ("Poor me, can't have chocolate nor coke, everyone, have pity for me and treat me REALLY nice"). But the whole thing about this sacrifice is about filling the gap with God instead of something or someone else. Drinking water like a camel is also hard on me. Growing up we'd never just drink plain water, it was always bubbly water mixed with juice. But every time I pick up a glass of water and start grumbling in my mind those words Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman in John chapter4:

"but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

Somehow thinking of Jesus and the living water makes me appreciate the water I have freely access to much more: the water Jesus speaks of as well as the plain old water out of my tap... whereas many people around the world have neither the living water nor access to the clean earthly water. So it makes me grateful to have it and drink it.

Well, what else is happening...

Ned's gotten SOOOO much better since turning three, it's AMAZING!!! I almost dare to write that the horrible twos are finally over, YAY!! We might still have some more relapses, but so far, we haven't had any major situation and much better obedience and stuff. Ced on the other had turns out to be quite the rascal and acquits scolding with a cheeky grin. He's also learned how to stand by himself, so he might start walking soonish. I don't know if that's an event I'm looking forward to or not... he's so fast crawling... how much faster will he be walking???? He's also a bit of a bully. I guess he just doesn't realize how strong he is and he's just plain attracted to other babies (who are all smaller than him)... we call him "CEDzilla", the destroyer... ou well... he has to live with an older brother who loves sitting on him.

Ou, and by the way, who says that boys aren't particular with their shoes???? NEd is VERY particular with shoes, he always tells me which shoes he wants to wear. And when Aunty Jill showed us her new bridesmaid's shoes she's suppose to wear and not fall over, he insisted on having a try on as well:o)))

No comments:

Post a Comment