Friday, June 3, 2011

Celebrating a simple life

You know, I remember that day three years ago like it was yesterday. I got up around eight in the morning, Ben still sleeping, and went to buy some strawberries, not knowing that the second of June would change my life as I knew it. 6h later I held a little screaming bundle in my arms and big brown eyes stared back at me.
Last night I tucked in a very happy bundle in his bed after a day celebrating his birthday. It wasn't the healthiest day and all our sugar levels must have been sky high, but oh what a day.
We're not really "party people" and at first I didn't even want to organize a small party, but then we moved in this nice place with lots of space and a huuuuuge garden and I though "Ou well, have a couple of kids over." Which we had. The original plan was for the kids to run wild in the garden while us mums could have a good chat. But then a little idea rooted in my mind. You see, one of our friends works in a fridge retailer shop and they have these HUGE cardboard boxes, LOTS of HUGE cardboard boxes. Well, we ended up having a little tunnel maze around the living room and dining room.... I guess I don't need to tell ya how much fun the kids had :o)))

Happy birthday

One of his presents

The boys and the tools

Ned and his birthday-jelly-rabbit

The cardboard box underneath the table is part of the tunnel maze

I tried my hand on cake pops... they look cute but they are too much a pain in the neck for me to make them again (but if you fancy them here's the how:

He doesn't look it, BUT he enjoyed them

New friends: Jesse and Charlie popping their heads out of the maze

Katie's having a rest inside the tunnels

Ced also thought those tunnels great fun

Happy Birthday Ned!!!

I'm so unspeakably thankful to our Lord and Creator that He has put YOU in our lives
All the laughs, the cries, the cuddles, the kisses, the tantrums.... I would NOT want to miss any of it.
I love you little pumkin!!!

P.S. And I love the other pumpkin as much


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ned! And even more congrats to you Becca!! The mom always needs more credit for every new year her child reaches :) And looks like such a simple but super fun idea for a party. Many blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete