Sunday, November 21, 2010

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

"...I'm standing here, outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say good bye.
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn
the taxi's waiting, he's blowing his horn
already I'm so lonesome I could die.

So kiss me and smile for me
tell me that you wait for me
hold me like you never let me go
Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go..."
John Denver

Now that it comes to leaving I really dislike leaving although still looking forward to going home. This time leaving though I don't have a clue when or if ever the next time is to step aboard the Logos Hope, but at least a couple years will pass before this might be a possibility again and by that time the majority of our friends will have moved on in life as well. So this time is saying good bye to them for... for a long time. Last time I expected us to be back aboard Logos Hope within one year which indeed did happen, but now.... "Don't know when I'll be back again, oh Logos Hope, I hate to go"

But here I go, it's three in the morning, all our bags ARE packed indeed (finally!!! Despite some delay chats with lovely people), the fridge is de-coked (finally) and I should REALLY go to bed (finally) for the last time in an undefined period of time aboard Logos Hope or in fact any sort of ship.

Bye bye,
Adios,
Arrivederci,
Au revoir,
Auf Wiedersehen,
Ding Dong Dai....




....until we meet again!!!!



2 comments:

  1. Kann net schlafen! So sag ich doch einfach mal: Gute Reise! Und ich denk an euch :)
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff... just waved goodbye to you on the quayside.. :(

    ReplyDelete