Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kindy

Ned truly loves kindergarten.

Yesterday I had a chance to see what kindy was like.The teachers encourage the parents to sign up as parental help once or twice each term. So yesterday was my first time in an Australian kindergarten (and it is quite different form my own kindergarten experience 25 years ago). I took my camera along of course, which was fun... some of the kids really wanted me to take a photo of them but some of the parents don't want photos of their kids on the web (understandable) so I only use photos of Ned and of his friend C. whose mum is my friend and okay with it :o)

That's Ned's friend.

You might notice that she isn't wearing uniform: It was RED day at kindy.


Everything was kind of red-related: the cloth, the stories, the crafts, even the food


Even the playdough was red... no idea why it was on his nose though.



They experienced what happens to red if you mix it with a different colour



I really enjoyed experiencing what they actually do at kindy... I even had to help with crafts, which is a little nightmare  of mine... to do crafts with kids that is, because I'm slightly pedantic when it comes to gluey fingers and children covered in paint,  but I think I survived that part just fine.

Although red is Ned's favourite colour I'm looking forward to "yellow" day at kindy. We struggle with the colour yellow.
If you ask: "What colour is  the lemon?" more likely than not the answer is "blue" with a minor percentage of "green" but as good as never "yellow"

sigh

BUT

He slowly recognizes letters which is REALLY exciting!!! Every time he sees a "N" or "e" or "d" he gets totally excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment