Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Don't report me to greenpeace, PLEASE!!!

I should be in bed... it is way too late once again and after last night it would have been nice to go to bed early... but well... you know me... I'm just a night bird, so here I sit and tell you about last night:

I think the best part about a snail is that cute little house especially if it is just the house without the slug-part still attached to it. So besides the cute houses I was never really fond or attached to snails. And nothing has changed in this regard since owning our own GARDEN... in fact my not really been fond of them turned into "I really can't stand them, ESPECIALLY if they use my newly planted lemon-tree for dinner!!!!".
My sons seem to have quite a different point of few. Ned LOVES collecting snails and then he is on his tummy and watches them coming in and out of their houses, sticking their antennas out, fascination is an understatement.
Cedric's love is quite different again. The other day when I was weeding the grass part of the garden (can't believe how much time I spend out there trying to be a gardener), Ced walked up to me and I could hear him crunching on something. when I looked up and at him I saw some snail antennas still sticking out of his mouth... gee... and I had to get that thing out of his mouth again, inclusive the crushed house.... I wonder if Ned's feeding them to Ced... hmmmm... I don't wanna know.
Anyway, last night I went for a walk and a talk with a friend and came home around 10pm... and I looked in the grass part of our garden infront of the house... and I could NOT believe my eyes... it was covered with snails. They must come over from the little reserve lake thingy next to us and party in our garden eating the veggies we try to grow. So I got some gloves, a torch and a plastic bag. 1 1/2h later it looked like that:


It is more than gross.... it's beyond gross... just looking at the picture makes the hair on my neck stay on its ends.
Then we did a very irresponsible and silly thing... Ben and I drove off and left the boys at home ALL BY THEMSELVES without them even knowing it... okay, it was literally for only 5 min but still it felt weird. We had this roadside collection the last couple of days and I'd seen this broken crib which would be perfect to turn into a little bench so off we went to get it with our sexy V6 stationwagon... it didn't fit in entirely though we had to leave the boot open... and of course we were driving past 2 police officers... luckily they didn't pull us over and tell us off with a fine, but we had the giggles and thought it extremely funny.
So after that broken crib was out of the car and stored next to another couple of projects I have to get to, I finished doing this and that around the house and was finally ready to hit the sacks... well, Ned had a different plan. He complained about tummy ache and wanted to sleep in mama's bed, ou well, I thought he looked a bit off colour so I grabbed him and moved him over and as a thank you he puked extremely stinky puck all over our bed... after that was finally cleaned up, little fellow calmed down and husband moved to the guestroom I was ready to sleep... unfortunately the thoughts of those repulsive snails kept me from sleeping, I felt so grossed out and in my state of being half asleep, half awake I could not get rid of the thoughts of those slugs and their fellows who'd most likely be eating OUR attempt of growing vegetables.... bahh!!
Ben went snail picking again today and it was much better and by far not as many as last night... we'd thrown some snail bait over the fence and that must have helped... but now I will be a good girl and go to bed... hang on I still gotta take a shower... that'll wake me up again

1 comment:

  1. I would've thought Cedric would be the one coming to you with a tummy ache and stinky vomit since he was the one eating the snails. Unless.. he was just following an example set by Ned.. yeah, you probably don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete