I can't even remember the last time in my life that I had an infectious disease... flu and colds yes, but you know, a typically child's disease...??? Must have been at least 20 years... or more... Well, I do have the great "privilege" to have a kid's disease with 31 years, who would have thought that. I guess I hadn't even heard of hand-mouth-foot-disease before coming to Australia, and me being a paediatric nurse and all. And now I have those lovely blisters inside my mouth and one ore two on my feet and a couple on my hands. Thankfully it is only a mild case, but still, I need to keep the family going... I hate being sick, at least I hate being sick when you can't just curl up in bed and sleep, and sleep and read and sleep some more... I did some of that yesterday, but today two little ones didn't tolerate mum being lazy in bed... sigh... why again did I sign up for this job????
I think I do have an allergy against TANTRUMS!!! I'm sure of it... but can you believe that such a cute little flower-picker would do something like "tantrums"?????
Nor could you believe that this other little flower-picker (or better flower-eater) would be a cheeky rascal, who also happens to be a drama queen in the making??? He also seems to have a passion for my shoes... he loves eating them on or off my feet, love carrying them around, hiding them or whatever else might enter his little mind.
We started planting our vegie garden. I'm not much of a gardener and I'm a bit... uhm... reluctant to believe that after the planting there will be a harvest at one point, but hopefully I will be proofed wrong and we'll be able to gather our crops of apples, pears, lemons, strawberries, parsnips, carrots, herbs... and the like at one, hopefully not too distant point in the future.
(those sticks in the dirt are actually 2 apple trees, 2 pear trees and one lemon tree, and not just plain sticks Ned picked up on the roadside... just for your information)
(can you see that one strawberry which is a tiny bit red??? Hopwfully we'll be faster than the slugs who ate the last red strawberry we had, grrr)
I should go to bed like a good girl (painkillers are marvellous, you don't really realise how sick you are... until their "power" runs out because you've forgotten to take some more), so I'll finish off with a rather random photo:
(just for you people who know Ned from the good old Doulos-times: he still loves giraffes, and the giraffes seem to like the door stopper)





I also had hand-foot-and-mouth disease as an adult - when I was at university. I was so surprised because I didn't even think it was something humans could get. We always hear of outbreaks of foot-and-mouth disease among cattle on farms in South Africa.. I was quite insulted that I could get the same thing :)
ReplyDelete