Saturday, July 9, 2011

house hopping

Well, it has been more than 3 months now. Three months in Australia... wow, time flies. Just the other day I said to Ben that I feel settled, although WE aren't settled, meaning we're still house sitting.

This is the forth place we stayed in so far.

First place was at my in-laws.
I couldn't find a pic of their house though, but here is one looking out of it... into the pouring rain (taken a couple years ago)



The second place was this one.


Ben's sis Jill lived in the second last unit for 2 or 3 months while working at Albany hospital for a time.


Then we moved to the beach, into a 70 style house wih purple carpets and orange counter tops.


Our present residence has the prominent landmark of a couple big palm trees along the front... those stupid thing drop their "fruits" or seeds or whatever it is with a loud "bang" on our roof, which really needed getting used to. It has the great advantage of having a fireplace, unfortunately that warmth doesn't reach our bed room, which feels walk-in fridge like.



And that's my cheeky monkey... we went for a walk in the rain the other day.


And although he IS very cute...


...I want you to look past him...


Do you see that house????? That will be our next home.


Actually, it'll be our first home, as we just bought it (together with Ben's sister) and hopefully we'll be able to move in beginning of next month.

If that isn't exciting?? All praise and thanks to God, it hasn't been a straight forward road but rather the scenic route, but God was with us, so it was worth the wait.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow... wow!!! That is so exciting! Prayers answered!! A house to really settle in! I am so pleased for you all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Wow! So cool Becca! I'm really excited that you could buy a place and settle somewhere. I look forward to seeing some photos of the interior.. someday! (when you're unpacked) Big hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo happyyyy for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete