As part of our going-to-bed-routine for Ned, Ned and I send Ben and Cedric out of the room and snuggle up in his bed. Then he tells me to sing... pretty predictable songs actually because it's the same 3 songs... every night. First the elephant song, if you're German you might remember the old "Benjamin Bluemchen" theme song (ahh, those were the days... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6lB9aXE-wM&feature=related)
The next song is the crocodile song... it stormed the charts a couple years ago although it's a German kid's song (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7055235710129334638#)
And last the hedgehog/cat song, which is also German (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeMfMawMPg8).
I thought singing about an elephant, a crocodile and a hedgehog/cat is okay, but singing about the creator of those animals is much better, so I introduced singing a German song about God loving children and he loves that one too now. My collection of kids songs is rather limited though (I'm REALLY NOT into kid's things at all!!!!), but I remembered the good old classic "Jesus loves me this I know" so I added that one as well to our going-to-bed-routine. And usually it was him requesting and me singing, but now I ask him to sing with me as well... which he does, if not with accuracy or any sense of melody BUT with lots of enthusiasm and volume :o)))).
Another part which seems to creep into out routine is wanting to go "peepee" again once he's all tugged in and I'm ready to leave the room. And there it happened.. the memorable moment.
He was sitting on the toilet and all of sudden started "singing" (which for him is rather "rapping") "Yeeeees, Jesus loves me" with this biiiiiiiiig huge grin on his face :o)))). And yes, Jesus DOES love him, hallelujah!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment