This reminds me of what's happening in Northern Africa presently. We were there. We were in Libya. We were there not 4 months ago and I told everyone that travelling to Libya is rather safe. And now I sit here and watch in dread what's happening there... I watch the news on Al Jazeera... I mean, ME,... I am watching the news... I hate watching the news, I never watch the news if I can avoid it, but now I do.
Things hit closer to home if places are involved you've been to... and people you know. We haven't heard from our friends there. Ben tried calling their mobiles, but all communication links are down. He's able though to write on Skype with a South African lady working there. She's doing okay and is safe, PTL. This whole situation exploded... and you wonder what will happen... and all you can do from safe afar is watch... and PRAY.
There is a hurricane blowing through Northern Africa and the Middle East and nothing will be how we knew it.
Weird, the last time I was watching Al Jazeera I sat in a house in the middle of the desert in the middle of Libya...
No comments:
Post a Comment