Sunday, January 30, 2011

The joys of parenthood



Today the boys were taking their first bath together...
...and yes, the water IS blue... we put some special bath color in :o))

You might know but patience isn't one of my strength, quite the contrary unfortunately... and potty training strains my little amount of patience quite a bit. In fact it's one of the most trying things on the road of parenthood so far. Somehow you kind of wonder if it will ever work out or if your toddler will be still in his nappies by the age of 18... but today was a remarkable day. Not only did I have the great privilege of sleeping in and only getting out of bed past noon (I was quite sleep deprived, which was self inflicted though rather than caused by offspring). It felt great!! And I felt really rested. And while I snoozed away the penny must have dropped with Ned: he finally started telling us when he had to pee!! YAY!!! Three cheers for offspring!!! And he continued doing so the entire rest of the day.... so there is hope that he'll be out of his nappies before he turns 18.... but we still have to work on "No. 2"s... how can you not realize you have to go... strange... ou well, a step a time.... the joys of parenthood!!!

Well, Ced upgraded!! Our little giant baby has finally almost reached the point where he almost out-grew his little bed, sigh.. they do grow up so fast, soon he'll be askin' for the car keys (and not to chew on them but actually to drive the car).

So this is his good old "Pogy" bed:


And this is the new upgrade, and once again it is a travel version and folds up really small which is pretty appropriate for the life we live.



quality control: yepp, seems to satisfy!!

Isn't he a cutey??

Well, I should go to bed, it is again almost 1am, but one more story to finish off:
Today Ned played "mum", I was send to (his) bed, then he said "night night", climbed on a chair, switched off the light, got down again, and closed the door on me. Well, he is a rather particular little guy, and always HAS to have three things when going to bed: Hermie (his beloved teddy bear), Hankie (a handkerchief) and Trinken (his water bottle). So I thought I'd better ask for them as well. So as soon as he'd closed the door on me, I started to chant like he does: "Hermie, Hankie, Trinken!". And indeed he came back in, climbed back on the chair, switched on the light and went in search for those beloved three items... he'll make a great mum one day... dad I mean :o))))
But off I go to bed now... night, night!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes he sure is a cutee, can't wait to see him in REAL and have a cuddle, G'ma

    ReplyDelete