Thursday, January 6, 2011

Filling the days

I am so unspeakable grateful that I am not a single parent, but I do have lots of respect of men and women who are because of what ever reason. It is such a blessing to be able to share the load and responsibility with someone who loves the kids as much as yourself.
I am a single parent at present though. Ben's travelling through the world once again.. okay, not really but he's on a survey trip for the Logos Hope, which means I am alone with my boys for 10 days in total... luckily I survived the first 5 days already and there are only 5 more to go. But to be honest, I DON'T LIKE IT... AT ALL!!!!!
Maybe it's selfish reasons, maybe not... but I feel trapped... I can't go anywhere alone, I always have to bring the kids (and in weather like this is't SUCH an effort and takes so long until you're finally get going) and there is no "breather" time while Ben's spending some time alone with his boys. Additionally it seems like that Ned copes with changes in going a step backwards... meaning: screaming tantrums have increased once again, potty training is also going a bit worse. I guess my reaction is that of a (grown up) kid though: I get highly irritated, impatient and grumpy which doesn't improve things. And filling the days with some fun activities is rather challenging due to the weather: Ned's two friends are out of town and going to the playground is, well... very wet and cold and snowy and icy. Sledding isn't an option either because of the baby, so we're going for walks but that about it... and do indoor stuff... play in a little indoor playground (a big shoe box full with rice)... read LOTS of books... I have to sing LOTS of songs (one of Ned's favourite is "Pinky bounce"... he means "Jingle bells").
Ned got better though again, PTL I guess we got slowly used to daddy not being around!!! But he actually went on a little holiday himself... and in consequence I have a little holiday as well, yay!!!

Yesterday we went for a train trip, it was only a 20 min ride but I thought I'd give it a go to get to my grandparents with the train. I think it was the first and last time though. Travelling by train, with two kids in tow, a stroller, a suitcase and a car seat is definitely NOT my idea of fun. It isn't only getting on and off the train but actually on this particular train route there are always double decker trains which means lots of stairs inside the train so you're kind of stuck in the "entrance" area of the train.
We spend a couple of hours at my grandparents and I actually ended up helping my granddad register with facebook... but no, although he's 86 he isn't the oldest facebook member, that's an old lady with 104 :o). My aunty put that bee in his bonnet but actually it quite fun, isn't it??? Now we just have to help him to understand how it works:o)))
Why did I bring the car seat??? Well, my mum came to my grandparents as well and she took Ned with her to their place so she needed the car seat:o))). I love my boy dearly but I am VERY grateful to have some breathing time now, because the little one is as easy going as you can wish. I'll join them on Friday.
Well, my landlady has been very kind and took the baby phone after the boys were in bed in the evening so I could go for a run... and although I DON'T like running when I think about it, once I'm doing it and especially after I finished I love it, it feels good to see yourself improve, even if it's tiny little bits... better than nothing, eh??
I'd love to stay in my PJs all day long and read a good book, but unfortunately I wanna clean our place, do the laundry (is there even the slightest chance of ever conquering the laundry monster???) and I have some friends over for dinner (No, Ben it isn't a party, just the Toggies).

Well, my little big baby is peacefully sleeping... and I'll finish with this photo of my little giant:


Ned was already a big baby, but Ced's just totally in a different category; the overalls he's wearing here I bought for Ned when he was 10 months... Ced's not even 6... :o)))

By the way, have you even given your food a closer look??? It often doesn't only taste great but also looks awesome... didn't God do an amazing job??
This is my lunch: cracker bread with honey :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment