Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wow, it works to update our blog!!!!

Well, it is a rather handy excuse, that somehow I wasn't really able to update our blog because every time I tried some sort of an ERROR message came up, but if i am honest, it was only twice that I actually tried to update the blog in the last 2 -3 months... lazy me, bad, bad, BAD girl!!!

Ou well, here I am and lots of things have happened. How to wrap up the last couple months in a couple of sentences?? Well, let me try:
-the Doulos is being decommissioned.... it is in process RIGHT now and the entire ship feels a bit like a Ghost Ship. We are only 120 souls left on board and the numbers are declining. It hasn't been easy and the question often came to mind: "Why in all the world did God lead us to the Doulos for this??" But we were able to help people and answer their questions who are transferring to the Logos Hope, because although the two ships are similar in many ways, they are VERY different in others!!! So in this way we were able to help and maybe be a blessing. But if I'm really, really, really honest, I had a very hard time drowning a bit in self pity, feeling sick, struggling with Doulos food, being disgusted by Cockroaches and making close friends is very difficult because everyone, including myself, is and was busy with closure and spending the remaining time with old friends as much as possible, that there isn't any energy or time to invest in new people.
-well, other big thing which happened is that I'm a preggi once more (and still don't like it) which doesn't really improve my emotional stability and sanity!!!! I am very illogical and act silly in many ways and can't help it. The other day I disolved in tears in the dinning room because the food was so AWFUL!!!!!
-and we decided on our next step for now which really helps a lot. We will leave the Doulos on the 16th of February to go back to Germany. The first two weeks we'll stay at my parents place in Heilbronn and then move to Mosbach beginning of March. I feel very weird because I am so excited about going home and living in Germany for a while. I have NEVER really been homesick EVER before in my life but now I am sooooo homesick, especially for the food, but not only. We plan to be in Germany for around 6 -12 months. Ben will be working with Lloyd, Ned will be spoiled by the grandparents and I will cook, and cook, and cook, and eventually have a baby:o)))) After that time??? Only God knows where, when how and what. I'm very grateful for this time of "rest" but I hope by the time we are (especially I am) ready for more adventures with God somewhere in the world. So once again our earthly belongings are packed up in boxes (some of them hadn't even been unpacked after arriving with the container from the Logos Hope) and ready to be put in a container to Europe. It seems to be a little red line in my life, that most of our stuff ins packed away in some box and we live on the essentials..... I guess it shows me how much we often live in luxury without even knowing it. We don't really need that stuff in those boxes, but life is just so much nicer WITH the stuff. I try not to hang my heart on it and enjoy blessings if they are there.

Well, what else could I write??? Ned is doing really great. He is a strong little guy... and actually also a bit strong willed, hmpf!!!!!! It really isn't the nicest thing in the world to sit in the dinning room with toddler who screams of his lungs that your ear drums almost pop!!! But ou well, he has to learn the meaning of "NO"and we have to learn patience (I hate learning patience... grrrrrr!!) But besides those little screaming attacks we have so much fun with him... today he discovered that raw eggs aren't balls and that they do break and although he doesn't speak much of a language that we understand he always has a lot to say in his own language and slowly he starts to translate some into German or English. Yesterday he said;"Heiss!!"(hot) and today he stated to say "baby"and points on a picture of a baby. Other words are amen, night night, seeya, bye bye and ticktock.

Well, I gotta go, hopefully this works and so I've finally updated our blog and continue to update it...

1 comment:

  1. Have waited a long time for this update Becca. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete