Sunday, February 28, 2010

And once again....

... I am packing!!! I greatly DISlike packing a lot!!! Stuff seems to multiply like rabbits in only a short time and you have to stuff that multiplied stuff in the same space the unmultiplied stuff fitted.... hmpf!!!! Packing to go for a two weeks holiday is delightful, but packing your entire life in a couple of suit cases and boxes: AIN'T no fun!!!!
So here I was, mumbling to myself, wishing I was normal and lived a kind of normal live and sitting infront of my mother's excellent washing mashine (marvelling that this washing mashine actually really washes our clothes clean with a nice fragent smell and WITHOUT ripping little holes in the fabric... and coveting it!!!! Bad girl!!!). But sitting there infront of the washing mashine and waiting for it to finish I truely had such a "God moment". I felt so blessed that I felt guilty!!! Here I was, wondering if our God would provide a cheep washing mashine for us and remebering all those blessings he poured down on us already!!!
  1. I have an awesome family, and not only my crazy but wonderful hubby, but also both mine as well as Ben's parents are true believers and have a strong relationship with each other as well as with God. It is a BLESSING, and too often I take it for granted. Looking around, it ISN'T normal though! And our gorgous little kiddo.... he's three blessings in one... most of the time at least ;o)
  2. We never ever had to experience great physical suffering, hunger, thirst, persecusion, abuse, unjustice or poverty... Yes, we had to face cancer but God was there and most of the time we almost forget that Ben had cancer.
  3. God provided for so many of our needs in an awesome way: We own a really nice car (although it is a Frenchy) and maybe other people wouldn't consider it nice, because it isn't the newest, fastest or most sporty car, but it is great for our needs as a family car with quite a lot of space (to transport all our multiplied stuff!!) and everytime I sit in it I marvel at God's goodness and the generosity and help of my parents. But not only the car, God also provided a place for us to stay in. Today we move to Mosbach (it's only 1/2h away from mum and dad's) and we will live in the mill for the next 6 weeks and by that time we will be able to move back into our old flat. Isn't that amazing???
And that's only the latest blessings.... there is NO reason whatsoever to sit infront of the washing mashine and covet it. Yes, we are not rich in an earthly way, there is hardly any savings in our name, but I feel very rich because God takes care of us in such an awesome way. But here guilt kicks in. I think of my brothers and sisters in Christ who are suffereing pain, hunger, injustice, oppression, poverty... how can I sit here and long for a washing mashine??? Isn't there so much more important things to pray for???? But I guess just like we shouldn't compare ourselves with the more fotunate we also shouldn't "compare" ourselves with the less fotunate, but be merciful, generous, hospitable and kind and share the blessings we receive with those lacking. That's an area I still have to learn a lot, but I try :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment