Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Look, what's growing in my garden

Isn't it a beauty?????


And another one



And that's the boys eating one...




....not the one from the garden though... it'll still take ages for them to be ripe.... sigh :o)))

And that's another thing growing in our garden:



(It's an eggplant if you can't recognize it) and eggplant plants have really pretty blossoms... I never knew.



Talking about blossoms.... our fruit trees are weird fruit trees. That or they think they are European. It is late summer here, almost autumn , BUT my former stick-lookalikes decided to blossom.



And can you find the capsicums???? Well, they rather accidentally decided to grow next to our compost bin... but who am I to complain, if you're not a weed and you wanna grow in our garden you're most welcome.



And that's a couple of our millions of cherry tomatoes. The bushes start to look a bit dead, but they still produce tomatoes... a lot of tomatoes.



And we're also flooded with cucumbers. Unfortunately Ben doesn't like cucumbers.... uhm, next year I need to think a bit better before I plant something.



And these little beauties... back in October I blogged how much I was excited of finding an elder tree in blossom so I was able to make elderflower syrup which is just soooo yummmm (in my opinion). Well, I also planted two tiny little mini elder bushes in our garden when we first moved in. They've grown like mad and whereas in Germany they blossom for only maybe a month here they blossom already for the last three months and I made tons of my magic potion.



And what should I do with these hot beauties???? I don't really cook with chillies!



2 comments:

  1. I love cherry tomatoes!!! So cool to have your own supply at your doorstep. I'm not a big fan of eating eggplant or chillies myself, but their colours are so beautiful - great for taking photos of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is impressive Becca!! well done for a great veggie Patch! ox

    ReplyDelete