Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home

You know those advertisements don't really tell you the truth. I mean I knew that beforehand, but welllll... I mean those advertisements where an attractive looking blonde and a tall, dark, handsome guy rush into their new home with a little cardboard box under their arms and all is happiness and joy. They have these huge smiles plastered on their faces and everything is easy-pie. They don't tell you about the stress that is actually involved, nor about your three-year-old who doesn't seem to cope with yet another move and started pooping into his undies again... they also don't tell you about overwhelming feelings of doubt: "How will I ever be able to turn this house into a comfortable, unique, "me" home with little funds ??"
Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited about our new house... but right now I just feel so drained. Ned pooped in his undies 3 times today as well as yesterday and the day before, both boys are a bit whingy and I was up all day to clean and tidy up the last place we lived in. Ben's been busy painting the kids rooms (we really don't need a pink room) and yeah... tomorrow, we're back to our normal weekly routine... we shall see how normal it'll turn out to be. Ned has his swimming classes again, it's on every Monday. I don't know how much he learned last week but at least he stayed with the teacher and didn't throw a tantrum or anything.
But I still can't believe that this is home now. I finally started unpacking our boxes from Germany and parts of me wants to keep the empty boxes just in case we have to have boxes to pack things in again. But no, I WILL NOT keep them. They shall go to the dump ASAP!!! The place still looks quite empty though... we just don't have so much (yet). I guess once we have some couches it'll make a huge difference.... gash, I'm sooo tired and exhausted... I should stop waffling and go to bed....

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Becca.. I'm sure moving is very high on that list of main stressors in life.. like right behind 'getting married' or something.

    Take each day at a time, it doesn't have to be a perfect home immediately. And it will be 'you' just because you are in it!

    ReplyDelete