Tuesday, April 5, 2011

8 Euros for 1kg of bananas!!!!

Yepp!!! There is a banana shortage in Australia. Most of the banana plantations were affected by the flood earlier this year. But I guess you didn't want to know that...


I guess you guessed that we made it Down Under, and yessss, you guessed right. We were just very busy doing important things... like going to the beach... or buying a new bicycle (thank you Isa and Daniel)... ou and doing them annoying important things like getting registered at certain offices and I don't know what....


But the flight went REALLY well.


We managed to take all our luggage with us.. all our 120kg of check-in, 2 strollers, 1 baby carrier, 1 travel cot and 60kg of hand luggage... I think quite a lot of people prayed and I thank them for it. On the flight which left Frankfurt at around midnight Ced fell asleep straight away with only a minor display of his lung capacity and Ned was allowed to watch movies until 2am and then lay down without complaints and slept for the next 8h or so. Ced didn't follow his brother example though, but even though he was awake for quite a bit and also let us hear his beautiful voice now and then he behaved himself alright. Our second flight from Singapore to Perth was also no problem, and as it got dark again pretty soon, we could convince Ned pretty soon to have another little couple hour nap... so all in all I was able to watch 5 movies... and that's what flying is all about, right??? :o))))

We arrived in Perth just after midnight and by the time we finally collected all our millions of belongings (NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!! ONE bag a person... that'll be the rule next time we'll fly), made it out of quarantine and and got to the accommodation for the night it was well, something like 3am... and I slept like a rock.. so did the kids.. and husband... I had to wake them up at noon. The 5h driving down to Albany was almost worse than the looong flights: no walkin' around, no TV in the seat in front of you, no meal and no free refreshments (BUT we bought a nice supashake on a stop over half way, yay!!!!)


We settled in alright so far I think, the boy's internal clock is as good as set on Aussie time, although mine still needs some minor adjustments... Ben sleeps like a log anyway... the grandparents enjoy the grandkids, so does aunty Jill... although Ned insists on speaking German, I guess it'll change soon.


We are having some REALLY beautiful sunny and warm days and we try to make the most out of it. They expect rain the next couple of days... or weeks???? Ben got his first sunburn this year... and so do my arms, but mine are just a little bit, whereas his,.. uhm, well... not so little a bit:o) (I know, I should have taken better care of him, but I was busy covering offspring with sun block).


The boys enjoy the beach A LOT!!!! Cedric ate at least half of it and the other half Ned filled in his little bucket and threw back in the ocean.














2 comments:

  1. Hey, good to hear you arrived safely! I smiled about your picture of the pile of bags at the airport! Wow :-) However I missed the 5 donkeys who were supposed to carry those bags.... I guess that has been Ben's job :-).

    Enjoy the leftovers of summer in Australia and God's blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - movies - that is exactly what flying is about, I agree!
    Lovely to see the Albany beach again.. so beautiful. Hope there'll be some left after your two boys are done with it :)

    ReplyDelete