Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Golden September?????

When looking out of the window, a truly detestable sight meets the eye: fog, rain, miserable and baeh weather!!! There are times when foggy, rainy, miserable and baeh weather is quite enjoyable, e.g. when it is the time of year when it is allowed to be foggy, rainy, miserable and baeh and you're inside in a warm room and have no reason whatsoever to go outside, are able to bundle up in a nice warm blanket on the comfy couch, read your favourite book, eat some chocolate and drink a hot cappa (NOT tea in my case, but hot chocolate). THEN foggy, rainy, miserable and baeh weather is alright, but not if it's suppose to be still rather nice weather or if you have to go outside or don't have the time to curl up on the couch.
I really can't believe that three months ago it was soooo stinking hot, that you couldn't image anymore how it feels to freeze, and now I don't have a clue no more how it feels like to be stinking hot, hmmm maybe it's a good thing that I seem to suffer short term memory loss .
Last week we had something like a golden September. Ou, it was glorious, blue skies, nice and warm (not too hot) and we spend quite some time out of doors. We actually went for a mini-hike with the kids and had a little picnic. From our house you can see the other side of the valley and there on the hillside is this cute looking hut, and I always had thought how nice it looked and how lovely it would be to go up there. So last week we packed our bags full with nice picnic things (and the usual things you need if you have two small children), "stuffed" not-so-little Ced in the sling and off we went. It was a nice walk going up a small track and Ned did soooo good, he walked aaaaaalllll the way up there with only a little bit of complaining towards the end and then we had a nice picnic-lunch up there, and of course, a not-so-nice nappy changing session :o))))


THAT'S what I call a golden September, not this misserable-ness which is rather fit for November then September.

That's Mosbach down there by the way!! :o)




Autumn fun in the forest


Well, as I write this the sun peeks through the fog and it doesn't look so extremely miserable no more, so maybe the rest of the day will get better???
Today is Ned's day at Charlotte's, where he goes ones a week, so normally that's the day for me to go out and do things which are a bit challenging to do with a toddler in tow, like going to the town hall for various documents (I have been there a lot lately) but it's a bit late now to get started, and it wasn't only my unwillingness to go out in this brrrrr weather, but we had a power failure. Having lived on the ship for such a long time I'm rather used to power failures, but wasn't exactly sure what you do when living on land (on the ship you just sit it through and wait for the electricians and engineers to sort out the problem sooner of later). I did check our fuse box in our flat, and as there are only 3 fuses in it (we live in an oldish house) even I could tell that they were alright. Then I check the power in the rest of the house and there was none either and then I called our land lady on the mobile and she called the power supplier and they said, that there was a power failure in the area and didn't know how long it would be. When she called me back, I saw myself already bundled up on the couch, wrapped up in a warm blanket, reading my favourite book and drinking a cold chocolate, as there would be no way of heating it up, instead of doing the dishes and the laundry or going out and attend to whatever needed to be attended to. Unfortunately the power came back pretty quickly, and the vision of the comfy couch faded away, but instead of doing all them important things, I'm sitting here at the computer, trying to ignore them calling out to me, and writing my blog :o), naughty me!!

I haven't really talked much about Ced lately, and how he is doing. I guess because he's such an easy-going baby one tends to forget writing about him :o). And he really is an easy-going baba : he has five feeds a day, is awake for 1 1/2h and then goes back down for a nap of 2 or 3h. His last feed is between 10 and 11pm and then he sleeps until 5 or 6 in the morning. Lately it has been rather 5 then 6 unfortunately, which is a bit annoying because I know he can sleep longer and also he only drinks a bit more then half of his bottle and then goes back to sleep... so why wake me up at all and not sleep a bit longer and have your whole bottle???? He still is a VERY big boy, not so much fat, but big: his hight and length is in relation, but on some pictures he looks just plain fat, with a biiiig double chin :o)))). I once told my mum that I think him very cute, but thought that Ned had been a bit cuter. My mum raised the banners in defence of my defenceless not-so-little baby, and said, that Ned's ears were rather big and stuck out a bit... how DARE she say that my little boy has jug ears...it might be true, a little bit... OKAY quite a bit, but HOW can she say that to me :o))))) Ou well, despite the jug ears of the one and the double chin of the other, I REALLY love my little boys and think them both really cute, no matter what anyone else thinks, but I'm their mum, and mum's tend to think that of their own offspring :o))))
my not-so-little double-chinned boy

okay, those ears do stick out a tiny bit (but just like his daddy's :o) )


Ou well, I'm off to do something productive, that laundry mountain is calling my name.... I'm positively sure that someone must secretly put their laundry in our basket, or how else can that pile always grow and somehow never seems to get less no matte how often I wash???? And maybe I should finally get dressed as well, it doesn't look so, hmm, so competent to run around in your PJs at noon time :o)))) but they are sooooo comfy and just fit in with the scheme of curling up on the comfy couch....


No comments:

Post a Comment