Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scatter brain

I love criminal novels, especially by Agatha Christy, but I discovered I would be such an aweful witness. I can't even recollect all my doings of today, no chance of remembering what I did a couple of days/weeks/months/years ago. I think part of it I can blame on the fact that I am such a scatter brain, or to phrase it in positive terms, that I am so multi tasking. To give you a bit of an idea of how much of a scatter brain ( Or multi task-er) I am, I try to retrace my doings as far as I CAN recollect them for today...
Well, I did get out of bed (I clearly remember that), I fed Cedric while watching Ned play, I had breakfast, then Cedric wanted a bit more milk and after that he went to bed.I started to do the dishes, then I remembered that I planned to make bread so I started to make the pre-dough for the bread and let it rise.The friend staying with us offered to take Ned for a walk, so I left the bread dough and went on to get Ned ready and dressed, packed a bag to take along and saw them off. Then I wanted to get dressed, got halfway through that and had to go to the toilet, then I noticed that the bathroom needed to be cleaned (at least a little bit) so I started that, half way through I remembered the dough and thought I'd quickly finish the dough so that it can rise, but Cedric started to cry, so I went in our bedroom and plugged the dummy. Baby continued sleeping and I noticed that I was still wearing parts of my pyjamas, so I finished dressing, then I saw the vacuum cleaner next to my cloths and remembered that I wanted to use the time while Ned wasn't around to vacuum clean (or 'hoover' as my English friend would say) so I got the "hoover" out in the corridor and was about to start when my eyes fell on the bowl in the kitchen with the unfinished dough so I quickly wanted to do that. After finishing the dough I noticed the dishes again, which still sat patiently in the sink and I started on them again but my brain started beeping and rattling and I realised what a scatterbrained scatter brain I am so I decided to write this blog before I forget. While busy writing the phone rang and I had a chat with a friend for a while... and now?? Now I'm half way through the time of Ned being gone, and the dishes are still sitting in the sink, the bread dough is still peacefully rising, the bathroom still halfway being cleaned, the vacuum cleaner still patiently waiting, my teeth still not being brushed (I just remembered) and the laundry also still longs to be washed... BUT I am dressed, the kids are dressed and fed and I'm in the middle of my multi tasking chaos..... so I shall go now and try to finish off at least some of the things I've started :o)))

2 comments:

  1. Becca, Had to laugh at the scene that came to mind as I picture all this happening.
    I always enjoy your blogs. Keep them coming. Love Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I understand!!!
    You're doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Heiks

    ReplyDelete