Thursday, August 26, 2010

learning through example

It is true!! Kids learn through observing mum and dad!!!! And then they copy you. I've noticed this common fact just recently again. Ned started to say the word: "Bummer!!" and he definitely learned that from me:o))) I guess I use it a lot. So now I have a two year old saying "bummer" when he plays "unfall" (accident) with his cars.
BUT I'm also sure that kids learn from other sources than mum or dad, totally undefinable sources, or how could he have learned to stuff little rice puff balls from his rice waffles up his nose??? Or even better, he tried doing that on Cedric today and he could not understand why mum got so cross!!!
Some of you might know our smart Swiss-invention-special-sheet in which we tuck Ned for bed times.... it is really great: he can sleep in a big bed, and can't fall out and you don't have to carry along a travelling cot where ever we travel, no, we just have our special bed sheet for Ned and that's it. Unfortunately our little smart guy discovered (already several months ago) how to unzip the zipper and "escape". Well, he doesn't really do it for his night time sleep, but it frequently happens for his nap in the afternoon. And this was the picture which presented itself when we got him up from his "nap": he peacefully played for plus 2h by himself, rearranged furniture (the table and chairs are normally in the bottom left corner) and read his books. Why can't he play peacefully by himself when MAMA wants him to play peacefully by himself because she has to fix dinner????? Oh, the irony of life!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment