Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What to say, lah!!!

Well, time flies, but I'm still pregnant, and rightly so, baby isn't due until the 8th of July, but my patience is wearing thin. I don't want anymore, but no one asks me!!! Ou well, I guess I should just enjoy the time I have and take as much time for resting and sleeping because that will be limited and challenging after offspring#2 arrives. But to be honest, Ned wasn't very bad (he was such an easy going baby... what did happen then??) so I'm quite hopeful that #2 will follow his/her big brothers example (at least in this area) and sleep/eat/poop like a little champion.

Sometimes it almost freaks me out as well... I mean the thought that I'll be the mother of two soon. Being the mother of two always meant for me, that the mother should be a grown up and sensible and responsible woman herself, but, hmm, well... sometimes I feel such a kid still myself that I don't really feel up for the job of raising kids.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Ou well, millions did it before me, so I will handle it too!!!!

I am SOOO much looking forward being able to lay on my back and/or my belly again, it is something I can't imagine anymore... or bending down without almost dying of lack of oxygen, man, fancy that... or paint my toe nails (if there happens to be time, hahaha) without almost dying with the effort.... or reversing the car and being able to properly turn around and see what's going on behind the car instead of just kinda guessing (so far I haven't killed anyone, yet)..... OR going roller blading again, I am SOOOO much looking forward to that, honestly. I don't know how fit I'll be after #2 arrives but I'm longing to be on my blades again (and after the first time I will be dissolved in tears because I really realize how very unfit and fat I'd become). You might have figured that I am one of those women who does NOT like being pregnant very much, and YES you ARE right!!!!! Just the other day Ben told me, that he had two different conversations with two different women and they both said how much they loved being pregnant!!!!!! Man, I AM happy I wasn't there, because they would have just earned a unbelieving stare from my side.... how can you LOVE being pregnant??? Maybe I'm just a very selfish person, but I think I want my body back and I much rather have a cute little poop-machine on my arm then inside me (although they don't poop inside).

What else happens on the Wyatt horizon???? Ned's vocabulary really improves. Many things he knows now in English and German, and the other day I even heard him translate something for Ben, hahaha!!!! Okay, it was only one word, but it was still very cute. We also had the great joy to go to a routinely check up to the paediatrician. Ned really loved the waiting room, but I really can't say that he loved seeing the doctor. He did NOT!!!! And he let us know that he did NOT approve of anything the lady did, be it looking in his ears or taking his hight or sticking a nasty needle in his arm. He was NOT impressed and very happy to escape afterwards. Well, no more routinely doctors visit for the next year or so, happy chap!! I can't say the same about me, because I'm seeing my doctor on a weekly base by now and if baby decides to be over due I'll have to see her every second day, yay (I just LOVE going to the doctor).
Ned still LOOOOVES everything on wheels. Of course Baggers are still his favourites, but tractors are also pretty high in the charts or buses or bikes or motor bikes or trucks or cars... Does it have wheels?? Then Ned LOVES it. We should actually write a letter of thanks to the Mosbach city bus company that they send a bus past our house twice an hour, because more often then not Ned hears the bus from far away, informs us that the bus is coming and ruuuuns to the window, climbs up on a box and watches the bus go by :o)))).He wasn't soooo excited about buses when we lived in Singapore and were even riding on buses, but I guess one is allowed to change, isn't it?? :o))))

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca! Hope you are doing well still. Totally agree with your pregnancy experience.....I didn't like it either! And just yesterday I thought as well when I looked at the girls, that wow, it is such a huge responsibility and such an adult thing to have kids...pffff. But somehow you just do it...you can do it too! Hope uyou don't have to wait long anymore! Love you! Hilde

    ReplyDelete