Sunday, January 15, 2012

I hate saying Good Bye...

... and I suck at it!!
With the life we lived we had to say good bye so many times to so many dear people already. One should think with that much practice I should be good at it, but that isn't the case. I can't express what I feel, just wanna get it over and done with and maybe the person leaving might think I don't care.


My mum and dad and big bro left yesterday from Albany. They drove up to Perth themselves so the good bye was short and sweet, no tears, no whatever... but the house is empty without them, I wander around expecting to bump into one of them, I wonder where they are, how they are doing and when will I see them again.


And in the meantime, life just goes on tickin', no consideration of how we're feeling or doing, tick tock, life goes on with its demands and joys. There were many things that irritated me while they were here (how they stacked the dishwasher for example) but now I miss it. I keep on thinking: "Ou, we should have shown them this" or "We forgot doing that" and I get sad when I look into "their" room and it's all empty and I washed the sheets, folded them and put them back on for the next visitors. Somehow it hurt somewhere really deep inside, but we'll go on with our lives and all that stays are memories, good memories.


But I don't wanna end on this rather sad note... our garden starts to really produce now... I think at the end of the season I might not want to eat another tomato ever again, but so far we enjoy picking thousands of tomatoes each day (okay, not quite, but close to). We also harvest other things.... but somehow something must have gone wrong with these parsnips, they look rather like something out of STAR WARS than something ateable...

1 comment: