Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pets!

Well, you might have noticed: I DO NOT LIKE SLUG OR SNAILS!!!!!!!!!! They give me the creeps... they never used to but collecting about two kilos of them in our garden, putting them in a plastic bag and then seeing that plastic bag move slightly but constantly with this disgusting sound accompanying it, pushed me over the edge and you might almost call me "Snailophobic"... not quite yet, but almost (once I even had this nightmare about this giant snail chasing me.. or something like it).

Apparently it doesn't run the family though. I have shared previously that Cedric likes eating them, maybe it's the crunchy part that tickles his fancy or maybe the antennas...??? But I also have to say that I didn't have to fish out half eaten snails out of my toddlers mouths in the last couple weeks (that's definitely a plus)...

...BUT Ned took a fancy to them. Whenever he sees one he needs to collect it (OSCD: obsessive snail collection disorder)!

See????


Just the thought of one slimy bodies touching my skin makes me gag... but a whole hand full????


And do you see those four lovelies sliming up his arm?? Ned informed us that it was daddy snail, mama snail, Ned snail and Cedric snail.

I think those ones were Mama snail and Cedric snail.

Luckily he loves giving his pets a bath in a bucket filled with water... and I have to confess I add a little drop of detergent... you know just to polish the snail house, and somehow they do not like that... he doesn't seem too upset though, there is always tomorrow to collect some new pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment