Ned enjoys our new IKEA bookshelf while it was still on the floor
Well, I have been a bit of a slacker lately, I do admit, and although I'm "just" a housewife presently, somehow time just slips away.
3 weeks ago, we have moved back into our old flat from 3 years previously, which has been a tremendous blessing. The flat has 3 room, a spacious kitchen, a little bathroom and a store room in the basement. Ned just LOVES running around, obviously enjoying the space to be able to run around. And although it still looks a bit like a mess and there are still boxes standing around, it slowly starts to look like a home again. (For those of you who knew our flat before: It isn't as colorful anymore, and all the walls are rather boringly white). We also do have a phone now and wireless with is really cool..... compared with the ship our connection is soooooooooooo fast (although it isn't the fastest there is, but I don't complain:o) ), I almost feel like a normal German citizen:o))).
Unfortunately, to be a normal German citizen you also have to do quite a bit of a thing we call "Burokratiekrieg" in German... which means, you have to run from A to B to get yourself registered and stuff like that. I hate it!!!! Unfortunately I not only hate it, but dread it. Seriously, I AM afraid of it, and that fear sometime immobilizes me. It is such a silly fear to have, I know, but for me just to pick up the phone and call one of those offices to get informations or whatever is almost a nightmare. Well, Ben made me do it (bless him), and although I overcame my fear this time, I still hate it:o))), but I'm also "proud" of myself for fighting this silly fear.
Spring has moved on as well. Now everything is sooooooo green and pretty. My friend Heike once said: "Looking at the grass don't you wish you were a cow at times???" and I heartily agree. The grass looks sooo vivid green and fresh, you just want to bit into it (although I'm sure the taste isn't the best). And not only the grass, there are so many pretty flowers around and the blossoms of apple trees and cherry trees... ahhhhh.... I love spring!!!
Ned continues to be a little cuty and charmer. Our landladies living on top of us (they are around 60 and 90) just fell in love with him, although they also can hear the not so nice side of him. Well, one tantrum a day presently. Yay!!! I just LOVE being yelled and screamed at, especially in the supermarket. Somehow you would think that he realizes that it doesn't help him whatsoever, but no, here we go, almost day after day a major meltdown which always end up with him being send to his room until he's okay again. The advantage of it is, that afterwards he is always very cute and loves giving kisses:o)))
Thanks to Emirate airlines and frequent flyer points Ned's also now the proud owner of a "bobby car". I don't know if that's a German thing, but most kids have a bobby car at some point of their toddler-hood. He loves it, especially he loves unscrewing the little nut and bold with holds the steering wheel on the bobby car, no idea how he always manages that. And thanks to Emirates again, we also have a DUPLO zoo which included a Mama giraffe.... which obviously made him VERY happy!!!


His favorite word is still BAGGER (digger) closely followed by MAMA, which can be quite tiring at times, if you get called a thousand times a day. It's also rather cute when he says: "Oh no" or "uppa", when something goes wrong.... I guess i say those words quite a bit:o)))
His favorite word is still BAGGER (digger) closely followed by MAMA, which can be quite tiring at times, if you get called a thousand times a day. It's also rather cute when he says: "Oh no" or "uppa", when something goes wrong.... I guess i say those words quite a bit:o)))
No comments:
Post a Comment