Monday, April 5, 2010

ou my butt!

Sometimes it amazes me how spontaneous we are. Yesterday morning we didn't even think about it and in the afternoon we were the proud owners of 2 "new" second hand bikes plus kid's seat plus kid's helmet. Off course we took the first opportunity to take them for a little ride. Well, the last time I sat on a bike was in Scotland almost one year ago (for Ben it had been even longer) and I wasn't pregnant back then and just a tiny wee bit fitter:o))). BUT it is great to do something again, although my butt quite hurts after only 1/2h riding. Ned loves it, or should I better say: Ned LOVES(!!!) it???? He loves riding on the back (who wouldn't, you can enjoy the ride without any work) and he LOVES his new bike helmet. In fact he loves it so much, that we aren't allowed to take it off (seems to be a habit of his.... shoes... sunnies.... bike helmet)

He doesn't even take it off for eating:o))

Eating is a other funny little thing with him. Obviously he enjoys eating and he even enjoys eating LOTS of vegetable: corn, pickles, tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum (we are VERY grateful for this!!!). Well, now the funny thing is that he's so extraordinarily random, compared with him I am not random at all (and honestly, I am rather random). Well, every day for lunch I make him a lunch plate with said vegetables and cheese and cold cuts. One day he devours the corn and doesn't care a bit for the capsicum, the next he's hot for pickles, but tomatoes?? eagh!! The following day again he can't get enough of tomatoes but corn....??? What do you want me to do with that?? So every day is kind of a lottery: What will it be today???

P.S. I made those buns myself... they are SOOOO yummy!!!

Talking about funny habits, he has another rather random habit: he loves taking off socks. I know kids love doing that in general, but he just loves taking off OUR socks, so if you're not careful, you might go barefoot:o))))
Well, Ben just managed to take off the bike helmet without offspring complaining, so now we can put him to bed, yay.... night night!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the look of those buns. The lunch looks so yummy.
    Love seeing Ned doing his things like boots ,sunny wearing, helmet etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that lunch table looks very tasty! And like a cooking magazine photo, so stylish!

    ReplyDelete